Your support is critical to increasing minority representation in MS research and pushing the understanding of the disease forward.
The MS Minority Research Engagement Toolkit contains educational materials and resources to help people understand how clinical research can benefit individuals and communities, and why diversity in research is so important. You can use the toolkit’s educational and media tools on your website, in your communications to members, and at conferences and events – any place where you connect with people who have MS.
Help is needed to:
1) Increase awareness about MS and ensure people with MS have access to the care they need
2) Increase awareness about the importance of participating in clinical studies among health professionals, people with MS, and caregivers
Here are some ways to share the information in this toolkit:
- Spread the word. Publish a newsletter article or blog post, or send an email alert using our sample text.
- Start Sharing on Social. Share our sample social media posts through your network
- Raise your voices. Maybe you work with people who have taken part in research already. Help and encourage them to share their experiences with their peers through a blog post, or an interview in writing or on camera. We hope you’ll share their stories with us!
- Get personal. If your organization hosts meetings, conference calls, support groups, or other events, make MS research participation part of the discussion. Consider bringing in experts – local researchers, health care providers, and especially people with MS who have taken part in research – to talk about their experiences.
- Learn together. Host or participate in an educational event. Hospitals, community centers, and churches often host health fairs and educational programs for their communities. Make minority participation in MS research part of the agenda at one of these events – or host a virtual event online or on a conference call.
- Open the lab. Hold a “Meet a Researcher” open house at a university or hospital or online using social media and connect people with MS with researchers who are active in MS trials.
Join the Network: If you are interested in joining the network, please contact:
email@example.com or call 781-487-0099 to discuss collaboration.
Please access the resources in this toolkit to help engage others in your community.
Contact Us: Read more about the MS Minority Research Engagement Partnership Network or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.