The Accelerated Cure Project is always looking for intelligent, diligent, and kindhearted professionals who are devoted to accelerating advances toward a cure for MS and similar diseases. Here at ACP we are proud of the compassion and commitment our employees have for their work. We seek individuals with creativity, flexibility, and passion.
If you’re excited about working for an organization that strives to positively impact the MS community, please contact us to learn more about how you can get involved. We look forward to having you join our fight to find a cure for MS.
Please send all resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This 6-month duration position is responsible for providing biostatistical and data management support for a range of data mining and disease modeling research projects in multiple sclerosis as part of Orion Bionetworks (www.orionbionetworks.org), a recently announced multi-institution cooperative alliance that aims to transform our understanding of multiple sclerosis and accelerate the search for cures. The projects will focus on the Accelerated Cure Project (ACP) Repository database of clinical and molecular information from approximately 3000 study participants: people with multiple sclerosis or related diseases and unaffected control subjects (see http://www.acceleratedcure.org/impact/repository).
Overall responsibilities are: to review and process multiple datasets returned to the ACP Repository database by researchers who have accessed the data and biosamples of the ACP Repository; to integrate the datasets and clinical information into a single Repository database; and, to undertake multivariate statistical analyses of the integrated data.
• Provides biostatistical support including, but not limited to, data compilation, collection or cleaning, documentation, data mining, statistical modeling, descriptive/multivariate analysis and interpretation using a range of software packages and self-generated code.
• Communicates with researchers as necessary to document and clean returned datasets.
• Communicates information related to the database and analyses undertaken through written reports and, occasionally, presentations.
• Collaborates with other parties to facilitate successful imports and exports of datasets to expedite data analyses by other parties.
• Ensures accuracy and completeness of data and support tools.
• Develops procedures and standards relating to database management.
• Other duties as assigned.
Degree in biostatistics or related applied mathematical/statistical field. Experience providing biostatistical and database support in a research environment. Proven ability to evaluate, analyze and solve complex problems. Understanding of current database architectures and relational database concepts and processes. Demonstrated knowledge and experience with the use/application of one or more recognized computer statistical software packages such as SAS, SPSS or R. Able to work independently. Bioscience or medical research experience desirable.